Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title Administrator, Community Practice ^81456
Req Number 13-00223
Open Date 1/23/2013
Administrator, Community Medicine Summary:Develop and manage physician practices at several West Virginia sites.
· Work with Executive Leadership to identify strategic priorities (location, quantity and specialty) for the development of a community physician network.
· Develops a strategic plan for the network by linking strategies and objectives to the WVUHC organization plan. Develops a process to manage against the plan and to report progress to leadership.
· Leads the initiative to build presence with WVUHS hospitals by identifying opportunities with System partners to strengthen clinical programs.
· Leads the initiative to partner with other non-System hospitals by evaluating potential communities to target for new and expanded relationships.
· Assesses and assists with the development of disease-specific clinical networks in conjunction with Service Line Medical Directors and Service Line Administrators to promote outreach to hospitals and physicians to expand service reach to regional and state-wide communities.
· Coordinates the relationship between SOM departments and regional hospitals and partner physicians to promote the rotation of faculty within Community Hospitals and private practices to support community need and WVUHC outreach as mutually desired.
· Works with WVUHC Finance to determine budgets and cost projections for practice and network expansion.
· Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations and financial management of the owned network practices.
· Recommends operational and financial targets for network practices. Communicates financial performance of individual practices with physicians and key clinic staff.
· In coordination with Vice President & Chief Ambulatory Operations Officer and General Counsel, structures employment contracts of network physicians, including compensation, productivity and quality targets. Leads the physician employment contract negotiation.
· Works with physicians and practices regarding potential and actual malpractices issues.
· Responsible for the hiring, management and retention of clinic staff supporting the practices.
· As the network of practices grows, responsible for the supervision of practice managers who may be assigned the day-to-day operations of individual practices.
· Interfaces with Hospital Human Resource services to ensure that compensation and benefits plans meet the needs of network practices.
· Works with IT departments to deploy technology solutions in physician practices and coordinates post-implementation IT support.
· Responsible for medical record standards and information management for network practices.
· Manages the relationship between the physician practices and UHA related to professional billing and collections.
· Ensures that relationships are in place for physician practices to receive quality ancillary testing services for their patients.
· Works with the Chair of the Department of Community Practice, Quality Office, SOM departments related to clinical and academic expectations of network practices to develop quality targets and tracks quality and outcome metrics for each practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Effective communication, conflict resolution and problem resolution skills
· Ability to earn credibility with Executive, Clinical and Academic leadership
· Possesses a “systems thinking” approach with the ability to learn, adapt and react to a changing organizational environment
· Ability to assist with the development of analyses and synthesis of results
· Strong financial background related to compensation modes and reimbursement
· Working knowledge of clinical and financial data systems
Performance Standard:Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prolonged periods of sitting. Some travel may be required. Visual strain may be encountered in viewing of computer screens, spreadsheets and other written material.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related field required.
· Three years’ experience at the administrator level required, preferably in the health care field. Experience with managed care issues preferred. Experience within an Academic Medical Center is preferred
Department COMMUNITY PRACTICE ^910
WVUH Shift Day
WVUH Full-time/Part-time Full-time (40 hours)
Internal Transfer Only None Specified
About the Organization Looking for a challenge? If you are motivated, talented, and eager, there's a future for you at WVU Hospitals. We are looking for people with the desire to make a difference in healthcare.
WVU Hospitals, a 531-bed tertiary care center, teaching institution, that includes:
Ruby Memorial Hospital
WVU Children's Hospital
Chestnut Ridge Center (behavioral medicine)
Jon Michael Moore Trauma Center
Physician Office Center
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center
Betty Puskar Breast Care Center
WVU Heart Institute
Clark K. Sleeth Family Medicine Center
Rosenbaum Family House
Cheat Lake Physicians
Center for Reproductive Medicine
Pain Management Center
Wound Management Center
Sports Medicine Center
Sleep Evaluation Center
WVUH-Eastern Division (in the eastern part of the state)
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive pay and benefits because we want to attract and retain employees who will support our mission of high quality patient care.
WVUH Hours per Week 40
Notes to Applicant None Specified
WVUH Start/End Time Varies